General Rate Policies
Advertising accepted by HAN Network is subject to all terms and conditions contained herein.
Eligibility for retail rate is at the discretion of the publisher.
- Contract advertising and applicable contract rate is governed by the publisher. The publisher reserves the right to cancel an advertising contract due to failure of an advertiser to meet the terms of the contract.
- The publisher reserves the right to change the rates stipulated herein on thirty (30) days written notice.
- All display advertisements are measured and billed on the standard basis of one-half inch and full column inches.
- The word “Advertisement” to indicate a paid advertising will be printed across the top of each advertisement that simulates newspaper reading matter.
- The publisher reserves the right to revise or reject any advertisement.
- The publisher shall not be responsible for the omission, in whole or part, of any advertisement or for any typographical or other error.
- The publishers liability shall be limited to the amount paid by the advertiser for the first insertion only, and in no event shall the publisher be liable for consequences.
- Connecticut referendum or election advertising must, by law, include the name and address of the person placing the advertisement. Advertisements being placed by a group must include the name of the treasurer of the group and such organizations must be registered with the appropriate town clerk. Referendum, election and political advertisements must be pre-paid.
- The newspaper cannot guarantee that an advertisement will appear on a specific page or a specific position on the page. Position requests may be granted subject to availability and at the sole discretion of the publisher.
- Service Charges – Orders must be placed before deadline. Advertisements composed for publication, but not run on the original insertion date, must be run within 30 days, or the advertiser will be billed for 50% of the cost of the space ordered.
All new accounts are to be prepaid until credit has been established. Credit shall be allowed at the sole discretion of the publisher. Accounts in arrears will be refused futrther advertising until such time as balance has been paid. Duplicate bills and tear-sheets will be provided on request. Bills not paid when due may be charged at 1.5% per month on the unpaid balance or 18% per annum. A service fee will be charged for all returned checks. All transient, “Going Out of Business,” and political advertising must be paid in advance. “Going Out of Business” advertisements must show the closing out license number in the ad.